Scope of Work
When our clients were looking to purchase a new home, they had one requirement – it had to be in the prestigious, Lake Oswego school district. They purchased a 1990 home last year in the Oak Creek neighborhood and planned to renovate right away to reflect their contemporary taste. The dated, oak kitchen with white tile on the countertops and white Formica on the perimeter had to go, and the layout needed to be modified to use the space better.
— Lake Oswego, OR
— Our clients bought a very traditional home but have very contemporary taste. The remodeled space needed to have a nod to the style the house intended to be but also fit with our client’s vision. It was also a challenge to move the cooktop since venting was needed to go up and out to the side near the sink. We built a soffit above the upper cabinets for the vent which helped with function and added a design detail.
- Moved the cooktop off the island
- Reconfigured layout and relocated appliances
- Extend cabinetry to ceiling to maximize display storage
- Added a beverage fridge and built-in drink station
- Created a modern, focal point with cooktop, oven and range hood
- Built-in pantry cabinet storage
- Relocated microwave to island
- Extended hardwoods into adjacent family room
- Modernized fireplace surround, mantle and shelving