The Right Builder Can Help Dreams Come True
Do you have a dream home in mind? Does it have a double-oven kitchen with lots of storage and counter space? Or a great room with exposed rafters and a fireplace? How about a deck that surrounds the home with plenty of room for entertaining? Go ahead and dream, then find the right home builders in Portland, Oregon who can make your dreams come true.
What to Ask Builders
It’s not always a simple choice, like selecting forest green paint over chartreuse for the kitchen or choosing a single-handle bathroom faucet over one with two handles. But finding the right home builder can be a lot easier when you know what to look for in a company. If you’re planning to build your dream home from the ground up, here are some ideas to help you narrow your choices.
- Ask to see a variety of models the company has built with different designs, such as Cape Cod, French country or colonial, as well as ranch and multiple-story homes.
- Ask about the company’s level of expertise with floor plans. Do they have a designer or architect on staff or can they work with your designer?
- Does the builder offer floor plans in your price range? Are they willing to work with you to modify designs to fit your needs and stay within your budget?
- Ask about the company’s experience building homes in a similar location as yours. For example, if you’re building a mountain chalet that will employ a septic system, what is their experience with similar homes?
- Don’t forget to ask for references. A reputable builder should be able to provide a list of previous clients who are willing to discuss their experiences with you.
Like many other industries, home builders in Portland, Oregon have associations that set quality standards and guidelines. It’s well worth your time to look into what groups the builder is part of and how the company participates. Start with Mountainwood Homes and this website contact form.