After living in their Tigard home for the past 12 years, our clients were ready to make their space their own. They leaned into the design process and had so much fun going to showroom appointments with their designer Darby to make informed decisions for their wants and needs without the constraints of possible ‘resale value’ getting in the way. The homeowners mentioned, “We want our home to feel like us!” The remodeling project focused on expanding the kitchen into an unused dining room, upgrading the family room fireplace/media wall, and overhauling the outdated entry staircase.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create a larger kitchen with lots of storage
- Have a space to entertain
- Update the finishes
- Infuse the color blue into the space
Project Outcome and Results
- Pushed the kitchen back into the unused dining room to expand the space
- Installed a 14.5-foot, stained, walnut island
- Mixed a combination of natural and stained walnut cabinets
- Created a walk-in pantry with beverage fridge and barn door
- Selected bold color choices in the kitchen and family rooms
- Installed color-changing LED tape lighting
- Updated staircase to open rail system
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.