Hard-working kitchen for the whole family.
He loves to cook; she loves to bake. The goal was to transform this Laurelhurst kitchen into a hard-working area that the whole family can enjoy. We maxed out every inch to make an extremely functional space with a drop zone, a built-in bench with cubbies at the back door, and banquette seating. We arrived at the perfect mix of 1920’s architecture with today’s materials, styles, and technology.
Homeowner Wish List
- A “cooking and living” kitchen
- Functional design
- Add a working island
- Integrate the homeowners’ handmade glass pendant lights into the new look
Project Outcome and Results
- The wall moved back towards the hallway to create as much space as possible.
- Reused the original glass out of a swing door and fitting it into the new pocket door.
- Came up with a creative use for the shallow space left in front of the chase – now a very shallow spice cabinet.
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.