Space for an active family.
When our clients found their ideal home in an established neighborhood in West Linn, they knew this could be their forever home. However, the 1987 kitchen needed a better footprint for their active family. They wanted a more functional kitchen to cook while their boys did homework. By bumping out their house for a kitchen addition, their kitchen now has a practical flow. Now, a mudroom with sports storage lockers, tons of cabinets, a massive Costco pantry, a beverage center, and an expansive kitchen layout give them the ultimate layout to grow into, so they never have to leave.
Homeowner Wish List
- Functional kitchen
- Interactive main entertaining area
- Add storage solutions for kid’s sports
- Create an entertainer’s kitchen
- Add square footage with a home addition
- Create a walk-in Costco pantry
- Lighter, brighter, and updated look
- Make use of natural light and openness
- Enclose the open-air loft to create a home office
Project Outcome and Results
- Designed and built a kitchen addition
- Added more cabinetry
- Created a massive Costco pantry with an extra fridge
- Designed a mudroom/laundry room for the whole family – even pets
- Installed Blue Moon Quartzite on the kitchen island with Everest White Quartz on the perimeter
- Laced in new White Oak hardwoods and stained dark grey color
- Poured a concrete patio to create indoor/outdoor living off the kitchen
- Enclosed the open loft at the top of the staircase to create a quiet home office
Need More Space?
Building an addition onto your home can give you the space you need in the home and neighborhood you already love. Work with our team to design a home addition that blends seamlessly into your existing home.