A place for everything.
Our client bought this home when he was getting married and started his business. He initially thought they’d be there for five years, but it’s been over 30. After raising their two daughters, it was time to transform the space to fit the couple’s life today. The original kitchen did not provide enough storage and lacked adequate countertop workspace. After the appliances started to fail, they knew it was time to remodel their beloved Beaverton kitchen. It was essential to design a place for everything so they could regularly see and use cookbooks, countertop appliances, and family wedding china.
Homeowner Wish List
- Maximize storage
- Improve countertop workspace
- Create an accessible pantry
- Update layout with island
- Add more light
- Keep existing tongue & groove wood ceiling
- Display and use formal wedding china
Project Outcome and Results
- The new layout increased flow and access in the kitchen
- The existing tongue & groove wood ceiling recess was made more prominent and accented with copper faux finish ceiling and indirect lighting
- Lengthened & widened the tray ceiling gave more height and created a focal point
- Used layered lighting techniques to enhance areas in the kitchen & provide adequate task lighting
- Recessed, under cabinet, indirect, accent and toe kick lighting were all used
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.