Wide open spaces.
After living in her Mountain Park home for many years, it was time for this homeowner to infuse her own personality into the space and open the kitchen. By removing the walls between the adjacent dining and living rooms, the kitchen is now connected to the main living areas of the home. The clean and simple color palette lets the serene backyard and natural backdrop become the focus.
Homeowner Wish List
- Remove peninsula that divided the space
- Remove soffits where possible in kitchen but work with existing structural headers in ceiling
- Keep existing large windows with views to backyard
Project Outcome and Results
- Removed wall between dining room and kitchen
- Eliminated partial wall between kitchen and family room
- Maximized cabinetry on one, full-height wall
- Created lower cabinetry storage through base cabinets under windows and built-in benches
- Added ceiling hung shelving for glassware
- The mostly white space is punctuated by warm-tone Madrone hardwoods milled in Southern Oregon
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.