Location! Location! Location!
After living in their home for 18 years, the owners looked to move, but like most, couldn’t find anything that checked all the boxes. The task was to carefully deconstruct the 100-year-old home and rebuild to suit the couple’s contemporary needs while preserving the neighborhood’s character. The homeowners had a smart architectural plan to bring natural light into their three-story-home on a narrow site.
Homeowner Wish List
- Bring natural light into their three-story-home on a narrow site.
- Increase the livability of the home year-round with covered patios.
- Create two short-term rental units in the basement.
- Blend new home into the existing neighborhood.
Project Outcome and Results
- Large skylights, expansive windows, and doors emphasize natural light.
- A light chamber through the middle of the home allows light between levels.
- Integrated shower wet room with glass door keeps the space light and bright.
- A folding door and oversized slider create no boundary between interior and exterior.
- Covered back patio with outdoor soaking tub extends the home’s use.
- Single-gable, craftsman-feel that still fits into the neighborhood.
- Two short-term rental units with dedicated entry for travelers.
Build your dream home.
Let’s work together to design a beautiful and functional home completely customized to you. We can help you no matter where you are in the custom home-building process. Reach out to discuss your unique scenario.