1978 ranch with vintage flair.
When our clients purchased their 1978 Milwaukie home, they hated the existing kitchen and dreaded the idea of remodeling it. The galley kitchen layout stumped them, and they didn’t know what to do with the space. After partnering with the Mountainwood Homes’ design/build team, they decided to go for it. The goal was to modernize the kitchen to look good with their established 1970s aesthetic throughout the rest of their home.
Homeowner Wish List
- Reuse existing cooktop, oven, and microwave
- Paint cabinets a unique color
- Keep reclaimed hardwood flooring
- Add a larger refrigerator
- Install a panel-ready dishwasher
Project Outcome and Results
- Changed kitchen layout
- Created a pantry wall
- Relocated the ovens by the fridge
- Installed glass doors to make a bar
- Installed Walnut upper cabinets
- Used a mix of antique brass and oil-rubbed black cabinet hardware
- Designed cubbies on either side of the sink for their collectibles
- Hung an antique pendant from Germany above the sink
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.