This King City master bathroom was remodeled to not only look beautiful but to be completely ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible to make it easier for the homeowner to care for himself independently. The space was redesigned to include a new, curbless shower. It was a cost-saving decision to keep the existing tub and tile wall surround, but new floor tile and wainscoting were selected to complement the existing tile seamlessly to blend the old with the new.
Existing tub was difficult to access
- Removed window and relocated vanity location to accommodate new shower
- Designed height-appropriate vanity for wheelchair use
- Installed sink with shallow depth and high spout, two-lever faucet for easy use
- Created curbless shower with linear drain for a more gradual, 1-way slope
- Added grab bars and hand shower on slide bar for adjustable height
- Added tile wainscoting to tie the shower into the room