2012 Building Excellence Award for
Best Single Family Home $400-$450K
2011 FSC Building Awards Achievement Award
Residential Honorable Mention
The location of this home is in a forested area so the goal was to make it to feel part of the environment. Three-story design gives the owner the feeling of living in the trees, but also minimizes the footprint on the site. All of the wood in the home is 100% FSC Certified material, most of which comes from local sources.
Reduce the footprint on the land and utilize eco-friendly materials.
- Streams of light radiant from every angle through the countless fir-wrapped windows
- Master Bathroom loft is perched to take advantage of the beautiful vista views
- Reclaimed from a local forest, the 12' wood bar is a prominent feature in the Kitchen
- Kitchen cabinetry is made of reclaimed redwood wine barrels
- Horizontal custom metal railing gives the eye a rest from natural vertical lines in the home