2018 Oregon Home Structure + Style Award Winner for Build: Single-Family Home Detached $1,000,000 - $1,499,999
The initial home design for the picturesque lot overlooking the Oregon Coast was drawn on a napkin while the homeowners were on an airplane. After working with our team on several remodels, they decided to bring the napkin drawing to life and now enjoy coastal views from every room.
- Creating an ultra-modern design in a subdivision with Cape Cod building standards.
- Building on a coastal site with sloped hill construction in a seismic D earthquake zone.
- Selecting products for better performance to withstand dramatic coastal seasons.
- Installed a SIGA house wrap vapor barrier to permanently protect the wall construction
- Cantilevered back deck roof was built to clear span with no posts to obstruct the viewing area
- Suspended kitchen ceiling with integrated hood and lighting provides spatial warmth and comfort while allowing natural light to filter from tall, clerestory windows
- Multi-level countertops and various surface materials are set up for function and entertainment in the gourmet kitchen
- A round, two-story turret with floating, circular staircase anchors the whole design and provides panoramic views of the coastline
- Open-concept master bedroom has no doors between bed and bathroom but is still private
- A blend of Nantucket beach shingles with natural stone and metal is accented on the exterior
- The home is wrapped by sand finish concrete decking and stainless-steel wire railing
- Integrated, curved outdoor fireplace is used for evening relaxing and entertaining
Hear from the Homeowner
"We wouldn’t be your biggest advocate, and we wouldn’t be referring to so many people if we weren’t so happy."
- LARRY H. & JUDY S./ Pacific City, Oregon custom home