2019 Oregon Home Structure + Style Award Winner for
Build: Single-Family Home Detached $2,000,000 and Above
We worked with our client to build a modern, custom home on 4 acres in West Linn. The plan was thoughtfully designed by Nordby Design Architecture & Interiors and our Mountainwood Homes team handled the material selections and construction. The 6,900 square-foot-home features 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and is an entertainer’s dream with large outdoor patios, wine room, home gym, media room and sauna.
Natural light was a very important element in the design of home. The beautiful windows bring the outdoors in and frame the wooded setting. It was important to balance current design selections that not only looked beautiful but were reasonable for the budget. The material selections feature a neutral palette. Walnut cabinets with flat finish play off the polished countertops. The mix of stone columns, wood, and sophisticated palette create a peaceful retreat.
- Selecting materials that would keep the budget down
- The well did not produce enough water to the house
- All doors feature milcore door jambs which means there is no trim; the drywall tucks right into the edge of the door
- Round master bathtub was an important element to have in the corner for the homeowner
- Provided 1200 gallons of storage water in the basement with a water treatment system
- For milcore door jambs, we were very precise in the framing and door installation process
- The master tub is a unique design with no tub filler and unusually deep, so we built a custom step to get into the tub