TREE TOP CHARMER
Mountainwood Homes collaborated with Marcie Harris of HS Interiors on the design and material selections for this kitchen and mudroom remodel. The outdated, kitchen cabinets were falling apart and the appliances stopped working so it was time for an overhaul. After a previous, poorly done kitchen addition and remodel, the kitchen begged to be restored to the original 1929 charm with modern, functional upgrades. With classic, painted cabinets, soapstone countertops and handmade backsplash, the home now reflects the period of the home and shows off the wall of windows that stare out to the forest.
With no upper cabinets, we had to use smart cabinet design to allow for lack of upper storage.
- Relocated cooktop range to back wall
- Shifted the sink and dishwasher to be more balanced in windows
- Added new painted cabinets that are both substantial and fit in with the period home
- Incorporated an appliance garage and stadium, liquor cabinet drawer
- Laced-in oak to existing hardwood and refinished all floors on main level
- Added accent pendant lighting
- Painted kitchen, family, and mud room
- Upgraded professional appliances
- Installed single-bowl, farm sink
Hear from the Homeowner
“We have very busy work schedules, and our Mountainwood team took care of everything. All we had to do was make decisions. They are an excellent partner. We’ll work with them again for future needs.”
- KEVIN & STEPHANIE K. / Portland, Oregon kitchen remodel