Sophisticated surfaces bring new life.
After living in their home for the past ten years, the homeowners considered moving to find a home that reflected their current style, but they loved their location – gorgeous lake views and not too far from the freeway. So, they embarked on a large-scale, whole house remodel to transform their dark and dated 2002 home into a light and airy dream home in a neighborhood they had grown to love.
Homeowner Wish List
- Update the home to reflect a more current style.
- Get rid of the red cherry wood and lighten up the house.
- Extend the fireplace to the ceiling in the great room.
- Update the kitchen – especially the island – and connect to outdoor living space.
- Create a covered outdoor living area.
Project Outcome and Results
- Painted walls and existing cabinetry throughout and refinished the hardwood floors.
- Integrated matte black lighting fixtures, hints of gold, and decorative backsplash tiles for a contemporary look.
- We built a covered patio with skylights, built-in heaters, and electronic screens to create a screened-in porch with a grill and gas fireplace.
- Installed a Centor folding door to connect to outdoor space.
Create the home you’ve always wanted.
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.