Fireplace focal point.
We completed a second project at the home of Stacey Lynn, our favorite K103 on-air personality. This time around, we tackled the fireplace in the family room and flooring throughout her home. Aside from wanting to update the look and feel, there was another reason for the remodel. Stacey’s doctor advised her to rip up the old carpet throughout the house to help with the terrible allergies that her family experiences each year. Allergens like dust mites and pet dander can get trapped in the carpet, causing allergic reactions to occur, so it was an easy choice! Keep the cat but rip up the carpet!
Homeowner Wish List
- Remove old, smoky wood-burning stove
- Install new gas fireplace
- Rip up the old carpet and replace it with solid oak hardwoods
- Refinish the existing hardwoods to blend it all together
- Repaint the walls
Project Outcome and Results
- Framed a new fireplace between the two existing windows.
- Installed a gas fireplace.
- We built shelves on the sides of the fireplace to hide the cable box and gaming consoles.
- Added new hardwoods to the family room, staircase, bedrooms, and upstairs hallway.
- We refinished the existing hardwoods to blend them all.
Need to update your home?
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.