Room to breathe.
During the pandemic, our clients sold their Beaverton home, purchased a farmhouse on 5 acres in Hillsboro, and got started on a whole house remodel right away. The 1990 home needed work to upgrade the space and maximize the views of Mt. Hood. While the project scope was extensive, the kitchen and great room were important spaces. The couple has a forever home to entertain family, garden, and enjoy their hobbies in a comfortable home in the country.
Homeowner Wish List
- Remove all wallpaper and paint a neutral color
- Change all the light fixtures
- Expand and upgrade the Kitchen
- Use painted cabinetry
- No formal dining room
- Make a Pantry area
- Reconfigure the Primary Bathroom
- Create lighter and more neutral spaces
Project Outcome and Results
- Enlarged entry to see the view from the front door
- Transformed the Great Room fireplace wall
- Reconfigured the wall of windows to feel balanced & show the view
- Knocked down the wall between Kitchen and Dining Room
- Incorporated the Dining Room into the Kitchen
- Stole space from the Powder Bathroom to make the Pantry built-ins
- Shifted the Primary Bedroom toward the view
- Reconfigured the Primary Bathroom
- Created an extra bedroom on the main floor
- Added shed dormers to the upper bedrooms to see the Mt. Hood view
Create the home you’ve always wanted.
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.