Intricate details on rustic barn design.
Nestled near wine country, this home is a collaboration of designer and builder. When the couple sat down one Sunday afternoon to design their forever home, they knew exactly what they wanted – a blend of rustic barn with Timberline Lodge influences – to age-in-place and enjoy the view.
Homeowner Wish List
- Mainly one-story living
- Intersection of new wood with reclaimed wood, stone, and steel
- The homeowners intentionally did not want an open-concept kitchen
Project Outcome and Results
- Designed to look like timber frame construction but is conventionally framed to gain better thermal performance.
- Great room ceiling is fence-grade cedar siding stained to match the reclaimed wood which saved on cost.
- Many interior beams are built from smaller pieces of wood to look like heavy timber.
- Upstairs loft features built-in guest bunks.
- The LaCantina folding door system connects the great room to the natural landscape.
- The exterior features local, 100-year-old, reclaimed barnwood installed on a vented rainscreen.
Build your dream home.
Let’s work together to design a beautiful and functional home completely customized to you. We can help you no matter where you are in the custom home-building process. Reach out to discuss your unique scenario.