When our clients moved to Portland last year, they purchased a dated home in the Skyline Heights neighborhood and saw the potential to modernize the home. The 1967 daylight ranch home had a very chopped-up floor plan with many strange-sized rooms adjacent to each other. The space was not functional, so the idea of creating one open-concept kitchen integrated into the dining and family room was desirable.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create an open-concept floorplan
- See the backyard from the kitchen
- Add a big island
- Incorporate a retro fireplace that doesn’t block the view
- Use Knotty Alder cabinets
- Design a timeless look
Project Outcome and Results
- Removed walls between kitchen, dining, anteroom, and living room
- Girded trusses allowed us to open all walls
- Removed two large side-by-side fireplaces that divided the space
- Changed to a smooth wall finish to add to the clean and open look
- Paired Knotty Alder lower cabinets with a dead flat finish with painted upper cabinets to give a fresh look
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.