When our clients moved to Portland last year, they purchased a dated home in the Skyline Heights neighborhood and saw the potential to modernize the home. The 1967 daylight ranch home had a very chopped-up floorplan with many strange-sized rooms adjacent to each other. The space was not functional, so the idea of creating one large area with the kitchen integrated into the dining and family room was desirable.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create an open-concept floorplan
- See the backyard from the kitchen
- Add a big island
- Incorporate a retro fireplace that doesn’t block the view
- Use Knotty Alder cabinets
- Design a timeless look
Project Outcome and Results
- Removed walls between kitchen, dining, anteroom, and living room
- Girded trusses allowed us to open all walls
- Removed two large side-by-side fireplaces that divided the space
- Changed to a smooth wall finish to add to the clean and open look
- Paired Knotty Alder lower cabinets with a dead flat finish with painted upper cabinets to give a fresh look
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.