Space to get away and relax.
In 2018, the homeowners initiated a phased remodel with Mountainwood Homes for their 1977 Northwest Portland home, focusing on the kitchen, living and family rooms, powder bath, and laundry room. Phase two aimed to add a primary suite, update the guest bath, and move the laundry room.
Our team presented several floorplan iterations, and they initially decided on a smaller addition. However, they couldn’t sleep and changed their mind and went for the more extensive home addition extending into the backyard.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create a primary suite addition
- Connect the primary suite to the backyard
- Bring in as much natural light as possible
- Add a primary bathroom and walk-in closet
- Move the laundry room to the other side of the house
- Increase storage in the laundry room
- Remodel the hall bath with fun materials
- Add new lighting
Project Outcome and Results
- Built a home addition off the back of the house
- Created a primary suite, luxury bathroom, and walk-in closet in the additional square footage
- Added vaulted ceilings, expansive windows, and exterior doors to connect to the backyard
- Designed a tranquil bathroom with a curbless walk-in shower, double vanity, freestanding tub, and a walk-in closet
- Ensured a cohesive flow throughout the home by updating adjacent rooms
- Relocated the laundry room to the other side of the house
- Modified the original laundry room into a mudroom off the garage
Need More Space?
Building an addition onto your home can give you the space you need in the home and neighborhood you already love. Work with our team to design a home addition that blends seamlessly into your existing home.