Traditional home. Contemporary taste.
When the couple purchased this one-level in West Linn, they knew they had a project on their hands.
The challenge? The couple has different tastes. He’s more traditional, while she’s always been a fan of contemporary homes. This 1989 home features various arches and columns, as well as white carpet, raised panel cabinetry, wainscoting, and built-in cabinets. The goal was to make impactful decisions while focusing on the kitchen, master bedroom, paint, and flooring.
Homeowner Wish List
- Incorporate existing design elements into the new look
- Modify kitchen layout for a larger island and better appliance placement
- Large, curbless shower in the master bathroom
Project Outcome and Results
- Painted existing cherry cabinets
- New island with curved radius edge echoes the ceiling radius above
- Eliminated extra doorway into kitchen near pantry
- Created space for microwave, beverage cooler, and new wall oven
- Refinished all existing oak hardwood floors
Create the home you’ve always wanted.
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.