Lake Oswego modern farmhouse.
In 1944, our client’s grandparents purchased a 4-acre parcel in Lake Oswego and left each granddaughter a one-acre lot as their inheritance.
To design their forever home, our clients considered all stages of life that their family will go through in this space. The practical floorplan works for how the family lives today and in the future. Like once their son grows up, they can shut off the downstairs, and the home becomes one-level living for the couple. The new custom home celebrates the property’s heritage and is the backdrop to new memories for this family.
Homeowner Wish List
- Design a comfortable, family-oriented floorplan
- Use a black and white palette mixed with natural wood
- Open the kitchen to the living and dining room
- Connect the home to the outside
- Bring in natural light
- Incorporate three fireplaces into the design
Project Outcome and Results
- Created thoughtful zones from the garage into the kitchen
- Ability to walk from the garage into the mudroom, drop keys, coats, and bags, place dry goods in the pantry, and walk into the kitchen with fresh foods
- Designed a circular plan that connected the primary bathroom to the closet, laundry room, and mudroom
- Used pocket doors to close off and designate areas
- Added a rear covered patio with a double-sided fireplace, tongue and groove ceilings, and outdoor kitchen
Build your dream home.
Let’s work together to design a beautiful and functional home completely customized to you. We can help you no matter where you are in the custom home-building process. Reach out to discuss your unique scenario.