Old farmhouse breathes new life.
Our clients loved driving through the country near their horse’s boarding stable. After driving by a particular property for nearly ten years, it popped up on the market, and they had to have it. The three-acre Oregon City property had a 1,200 square-foot 1960 Cape Cod home on it. To transform the quaint house into their dream home, they decided on adding a home addition to the existing 1,200-square-foot home. Now, the modern European farmhouse gives the couple a place to age in place.
Homeowner Wish List
- Master on the main
- No-step entry
- One-level living
- Ability to age in place
- Tall ceilings
- Exposed beams
- Black windows inside and out
- Honor the Mt. Hood and pastoral views
Project Outcome and Results
- Integrated the existing farmhouse into the new home design
- Worked with the established floor heights and grades to determine the new areas
- Added dormer to the front of the home for aesthetics
- Cut in dormers on the back of the house
- Designed the front entry in the dramatic part of the house
- Added a set of stairs to get second-floor access; had to integrate the new addition into the existing section
Need More Space?
Building an addition onto your home can give you the space you need in the home and neighborhood you already love. Work with our team to design a home addition that blends seamlessly into your existing home.