Functional kitchen full of character.
Our clients bought this charming 1936 English-style home last year in Northeast Portland, intending to remodel the small kitchen, dining, and living room. The kitchen layout was original and very small (less than 10×10). The remodel’s goal was to have a more open-concept kitchen to create a better flow and entertain guests in the living room. The challenge? The house was listed on the historic register, which required a review process.
Homeowner Wish List
- Larger kitchen
- Appliances and cabinets placed in accessible areas
- More storage
- Connected dining and living room
Project Outcome and Results
- Vaulted the dining room ceiling, which was once an attic space
- Combined painted cabinets on the perimeter with a white oak-stained island
- Used honed Opus White Quartzite on the island, perimeter countertop, and as range wall backsplash
- Mixed pendants, wall mount, chandelier, ceiling surface mount, and undercabinet lighting
- Created a tile feature wall with open shelving on the sink wall
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.