Comfortable, Danish modern vibe.
Now that their children are out of the home, our clients wanted to transform their 1991 Beaverton home into a practical and functional space that reflects their modern style. The main floor remodel focused on the kitchen, family room, entry staircase, powder bath, millwork, flooring, and paint. The kitchen is a very important room for our client since she cooks and bakes often. The vision for her dream kitchen mixed simple lines, a clean island, warm wood cabinets, upgraded appliances, and plenty of pantry storage. They rarely used their formal dining room and wanted to create a more casual space in the nook for their large family to gather and play board games. The bench seats can be flipped up and house the family’s collection of board games.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create a comfortable home that reflects Danish roots
- Make better use of the kitchen and nook
- Upgrade family room media wall and convert to gas fireplace
- Refinish the Maple hardwood floors
- Update the entry staircase to a simpler look
- Change all interior doors
- Refresh the powder bathroom
Project Outcome and Results
- Reconfigured the kitchen layout
- Used walnut flush-style cabinets in a natural finish
- Installed horizontal wrought iron rail with powder coat black finish, metal newels, and walnut handrail to create a new look
- The built-in nook bench seats can be flipped up and house the family’s collection of board games
- Installed engineered hardwood planks in Acacia on the coved part of the living room and office ceiling
Create the home you’ve always wanted.
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.