NW contemporary one-level.
After years of searching for prospective lots that fit their ideal location and budget, the couple found the perfect site for their custom home in the Southwest Portland neighborhood they had grown to love.
The Northwest Contemporary one-level features a show-stopping kitchen, two outdoor entertaining spaces, and complex design details. This home features few rooms, but the room sizes are perfect. The juxtaposition of organic elements mixed with clean lines is repeated throughout.
Homeowner Wish List
- The homeowners love to cook and wanted many zones – coffee bar, butler pantry, open entertaining space, and wine bar.
- Big wall of glass in great room.
- Design elements that intersect, are asymmetrical, floating, or inset.
Project Outcome and Results
- Home design is favorable to the challenging lot (steep slope, wetlands, and city-mandated stormwater facilities).
- Unwound many layers with geotechnical and engineering professionals to make sure this lot was buildable.
- Created the window look with budget-friendly vinyl product.
- Stole closet space from the workout room and pushed it in to create a wine bar perfect for entertaining.
- Repurposed an important dining table to be used as the kitchen island.
Build your dream home.
Let’s work together to design a beautiful and functional home completely customized to you. We can help you no matter where you are in the custom home-building process. Reach out to discuss your unique scenario.