Adding character to new construction.
Our clients recently bought a new construction home in Lake Oswego and didn’t feel like it had their personality. After living in Brooklyn, they were accustomed to homes with more character and wanted to incorporate that into their new space. The home featured a modern farmhouse aesthetic that they were not keen on. The goal was to build the fireplace wall into a conversation piece with a more substantial fireplace, add book ledges, and open shelving to show off their art book collection. Additionally, the homeowners added a punch of personality with upgrades to lighting fixtures, paint colors, and new flooring in the basement.
Homeowner Wish List
- Turn fireplace into a conversation piece
- Get rid of the grey wall paint
- Upgrade the lighting figures in the entry, kitchen, and dining room
- Replace the flooring in the basement
Project Outcome and Results
- Removed the fireplace tile and replaced it with a solid surface marble surround
- Widened the width of the fireplace hearth
- Added a beveled edge to reduce the 3CM marble down to the hardwood level
- Added angled shelves to display their art book collection
- Replaced the entry light with two flush mount lights to distribute the light better
- Swapped out the oversized kitchen pendant lights for something smaller scale
- Installed Luxury Vinyl Plank in the basement to better suit the family’s needs
Need to update your home?
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.