Open for entertaining.
Our clients love to entertain, so it was essential to create a space where everyone could congregate comfortably and still feel part of the party. The goal was to eliminate tight pinch points and have more space to walk and work in the kitchen. The nook table was in the way so we bumped out the room to avoid the traffic jam near the slider. With upgraded materials and appliances, the space is now warm and inviting. After previously working together to remodel their master bathroom, they dreamed and planned for the kitchen remodel for over a year.
Homeowner Wish List
- Remove island cooktop and move against the wall
- Create a larger pantry and maximize storage
- Upgrade all design selections and appliances
- Replace vinyl flooring to match the entry hardwood
- Remove carpet in the family room and replace it with hardwood for a cohesive look
Project Outcome and Results
- Bumped out the kitchen and nook two feet to provide better flow
- Required unique engineering to bump out without changing the foundation. Cantilever beams were used to work the second story down and transfer back into the house
- Natural walnut cabinets with large drawers and storage optimizers
- Slab granite countertops are now the focal point
- Added a built-in buffet cabinet for extra space to entertain
- Installed new red oak hardwoods to blend into the existing flooring in the foyer
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.