Traditional home moves modern.
Our client loves their Lake Oswego neighborhood and wanted to refresh their 1990 traditional home to create a more modern style with an open-concept kitchen remodel. Before, the floor plan was chopped up, and the goal was to create a better layout for entertaining.
By incorporating the adjacent sunroom into the kitchen, we expanded the kitchen, added an oversized island and a butler pantry, and created a banquette nook. The formal living room turned into the dining room. Now, the butler’s pantry connects the dining room with the kitchen.
Updates to the entry staircase, front doors, and interior and exterior paint helped to elevate the look when you first walk in.
Homeowner Wish List
- Refresh a traditional home with a more modern style
- Expand the kitchen
- Create a better layout for entertaining
- Rework floorplan for a less choppy layout
- Reuse existing appliances
- Add a walk-in pantry
Project Outcome and Results
- Expanded kitchen into the adjacent sunroom
- Converted the formal living room into the dining room
- Reworked layout for better flow between spaces
- Moved cooktop to wall
- Added windows flanking the stove for extra light
- Installed quartzite on the island and quartz on the perimeter
- Built-in banquette seating in the nook
- Converted the desk area into a beverage station
- Enlarged walkway from entry to the family room
- Upgraded entry staircase
- Replaced front doors
- Painted main level and exterior
Ready for a new kitchen?
You’ve waited long enough. Let’s transform your kitchen into a space you love. Work with our team to design a beautiful and functional kitchen completely customized to you.