Napkin drawing brought to life.
The initial home design for the picturesque lot overlooking the Oregon Coast was drawn on a napkin while the homeowners were on an airplane. After working with our team on several remodels, they decided to bring the napkin drawing to life and now enjoy coastal views from every room.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create an ultra-modern design in a subdivision with Cape Cod building standards.
- Build on a coastal site with sloped hill construction in a seismic D earthquake zone.
- Select products for better performance to withstand dramatic coastal seasons.
Project Outcome and Results
- Suspended kitchen ceiling allows natural light to filter from clerestory windows.
- Designed multi-level countertops and various surface materials for function and entertainment in the gourmet kitchen.
- Round, two-story turret anchors the design and provides panoramic views of the coastline.
- Open-concept master bedroom has no doors between bed and bathroom but is still private.
- Cantilevered back deck roof was built to clear span with no posts to obstruct the viewing area.
- Blended Nantucket beach shingles with natural stone and metal accents on exterior.
Build your dream home.
Let’s work together to design a beautiful and functional home completely customized to you. We can help you no matter where you are in the custom home-building process. Reach out to discuss your unique scenario.