Stay and renovate or move?
Our homeowners considered buying a new home, but their existing neighborhood won out. The owners craved a sophisticated look and invested in a major renovation to transform their 1999 builder-grade home. The goal was to reflect their current style and flow better from room to room. The family plans to enjoy the space for years to come.
Homeowner Wish List
- Open the kitchen up to the great room to improve the flow of the space
- Add a built-in wall oven
- Incorporate pull-out storage solutions
- Add a large island with casual seating
- Expand master bathroom tile shower
- Replace large built-in bathtub with freestanding tub
Project Outcome and Results
- Modified the layout to remove the wall dividing the kitchen and hallway.
- Installed full-height cabinets backlight with glass fronts for display.
- Laid Hickory pre-finished engineered hardwoods throughout the main floor.
- Removed the wall separating the shower.
- Created a private water closet.
- Expanded the tile shower; glass walls allow natural light to flow through.
- Replaced large, tiled tub with a sleek, freestanding tub.
- Removed bathroom carpet and installed porcelain tile and radiant floor heat.
Create the home you’ve always wanted.
Need help turning your outdated home into a fully functional and refreshed space? Work with our team to discover what’s possible, how to bring it all together, and create a cohesive look from room to room.