Over-the-garage ADU in wine country.
While building their new home, the homeowners saw the framing of the garage and thought they could do something with this unused space. The over-the-garage ADU in Oregon’s wine country serves as a retreat for a large extended family and eventually as an income-generating rental close to nearby vineyards. The small space packs a lot of punch. The cozy retreat is a great escape for guests to take in the views and features a guest bedroom, full bathroom, family room, dining, and kitchen.
Homeowner Wish List
- Create a retreat for a large extended family.
- Eventually use space as an income-generating rental close to nearby vineyards.
- Design private exterior access to upstairs area so guests avoid the garage area.
Project Outcome and Results
- Designed access to upstairs on the back side of the garage.
- ADU was pre-plumbed for electrical, and central vacuum system and electrical so the space could be completed later.
Need More Space?
Building an addition onto your home can give you the space you need in the home and neighborhood you already love. Work with our team to design a home addition that blends seamlessly into your existing home.